POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : primate test 1 : Re: primate test 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: primate test 1
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Jan 2004 09:04:35
Message: <40054c73@news.povray.org>

news:400501d7@news.povray.org...

> Anyway, do you have any good links where they explain a little about
> modelling? This model looks awesome compared to what I'm fiddling around
> with, but so far, I couldn't find any good tutorials explaining some
basics,
> but maybe I've used the wrong keywords...

IIRC, Jim has a formal art training and is an accomplished traditional
painter (see his website), which is a great advantage in 3D from what I've
seen from other traditional media artists who turned to 3D.
Did you do the "dog house" tutorial in the Wings3d manual? It probably
taught me most of what I had to know about modelling in Wings.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com